launch does everything open (Apple's command-line launching program) does, and:
- opens URLs, directly or in your preferred helper application
- lets you specify applications by their four-character creator (e.g. 'ToyS') or Java-style bundle ID (e.g. com.apple.scripteditor), both of which allow you to move or rename an application without changing references to it
- asks applications to print documents, something the OS X Finder doesn't let you do any more
- launches applications in the background
- launches Carbon applications in Classic
- reports errors intelligibly
- shows information about any item on disk, including its file type, creator, data and resource fork sizes, dates and bundle ID (where applicable).
18 Mac Apps similar to launch Productivity General
You can find your current location, altitude, geocode addresses, even reverse geocode your current location.
Location Helper also contains all the functionality of our popular app JSON Helper, which allows you to parse JSON into AppleScript records, and convert AppleScript lists, records and strings into JSON.
- Fixes Paragraphs.
- Removes returns within a paragraph and removes multiple empty lines between paragraphs.
- Replaces multiple spaces with a single space and removes spaces at the beginning and at the end of a line.
- Replaces each tab with a specified number of spaces.
- Replaces each sequence of a specified number of spaces with a single tab.
- Removes the quoting characters ">" at the beginning of lines.
- Adds the quoting characters ">" at the beginning of lines.
- Removes returns.
- Replaces each return with a single space.
- Converts to smart quotes.
- Converts to straight quotes.
- Replaces quotes with curly quotes.
- Replaces curly quotes with straight quotes.
- Text shifting right or left.
- Adds a specified number of spaces before each line (delimited by line ending).
- Sorts all the lines all the lines of the text (delimited by a line ending) using ascending order.
- Capitalizes sentences. Capitalizes the first word of each sentence (delimited by "." and ellipsis "...").
- Capitalizes words.
- Sets characters to uppercase.
- Sets characters to lowercase.
- Random case.
- Removes duplicate lines. Keeps only the first line between a group of equal lines.
- Text encoding. Windows to Mac encoding.
- Mac to Windows encoding. Converts MacOSRoman encoding to Windows Latin 1.
- ROT-13. Rotates characters 13 positions in the alphabet.
- Reverse text. Reverses characters.
- Reverses each word.
- Reverses words.
- Converts three periods to ellipsis. Replaces each chunk of three periods with one single ellipsis (in Mac version only).
- Converts ellipsis to three periods (in Mac version only).
- Creates fi and fl ligatures. Creates professional publishing fi and fl ligatures for each "fi" and "fl" sequences in the text (in Mac version only).
- Removes fi and fl ligatures (in Mac version only).
- Encodes to Mac Line Endings (CR).
- Encodes to Unix Line Endings (LF).
- Encodes to Windows Line Endings (CR+LF). Converts all line breaks to "Carriage Return"+"Line Feed".
A RAM disk has the advantage that reading and writing data are extremely fast. In addition, no mechanical wear and tear or noise will occur. These properties make it the ideal storage place for files experiencing intensive read or write actions like databases or files which have to be temporarily saved very often, and also for games.
Since data in RAM are not permanently saved but will disappear when a shutdown or a restart occurs, it is absolutely necessary that important files residing on a RAM disk will be backupped in very short intervals.
RAMDisk offers an easy and comfortable management for a RAM disk and its contents and in addition it can serve as a general backup software for your hard disk. Files can be backupped in intervals as small as 1 second and folders in intervals as small as 1 minute.
Time Machine does an excellent job backing up your data every hour, however, it will not backup open files. RAMDisk will backup open files and also offers the possibility to backup individual files.
The general backup management
RAMDisk has a Tasks menu containing several commands, among them are the commands
"Backup file" and "Backup folder". Choosing one of them will bring up three consecutive dialog windows to choose the source and target file/folder and the respective backup interval. In case of backing up a file the time interval has to be given in seconds and for a folder in minutes. RAMDisk will then start a new copy (clone) of itself running in the background that will monitor the source issuing the unix command
rsync -a source target
periodically. When the source will then differ from the target rsync will make an (incremental) backup. The option "-a" implies that subfolders are included recursively. Hence, specifying your home directory as source will imply that all files in your home directory will be included in the backup.
The management of the RAM disk
The "Create RAM disk" command in the Tasks menu will create a RAM disk, named Ramdisk, where you only have to specify its capacity in MB.
The capacity of the last RAM Disk created this way will always be stored
and when, e.g., after a restart, you want to recreate the RAM disk this will achieved by the command "Recreate last RAM disk".
When you have backupped your RAM disk at least once, then, after a restart, and after having used the command "Recreate last RAM disk", you can use the command "Restore the contents of last RAM disk", and finally "Backup last RAM disk", where all required data will be looked up.
Any type of sequence can be divided into groups by means of a hyphen. For example: OB9D-0253-O770-0YUN-SUK4-BXX2-CXME. The application can also generate sequences of a specific length.
MOM, the multimedia salesbook that works through 2 complementary applications:
MyOpenMedia CREATOR allows you to create your salesbook:
- Easily import your mutimedia content into an album system.
- Organize your book thanks an intuitive interface. You have at your disposal presentation templates ready to use or create your own topics.
- Update and change multimedia content as often as you wish.
NEW : MOM Creator is also available for iPad on AppStore. Update, retouch and adjust your salesbooks on-the-fly with simple and intuitive interface.